School Development 2016/17
[embeddoc url=”http://www.haywards.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/3-year-plan-final.pdf”]SCHOOL IMPROVEMENT PRIORITIES 2016/17
- Areas of development this year
- Refine assessment systems and procedures in line with the National Curriculum and Department for Education changes to end of key stage testing.
- Maintain success of Year 1 phonic screening to better than national outcomes
- Ensure there is no significant gap between boys and girls achievement
- Narrow the attainment gap for the most disadvantaged pupils through effective use of the Pupil Premium grant and a whole school focus on meeting needs and overcoming barriers.
- Continue to focus on providing outstanding safeguarding and well-being for all pupils
- Improve parental engagement
- Improve the learning environment and provision in the Foundation Stage and Year 1
- Curriculum focus for development this year – ICT, Science & Art
- School expansion