Key Stage 1 Pastoral Support Assistant
Salary - £17,173-£18,672 pro rata (£8.90-9.68 per hour)
Scale – C 12-17 point to be agreed based on experience
Hours – 28 hours per week (5 days, 8.55-3.30), 38 weeks per year
Required to work – to start as soon as possible
We are seeking to employ an experienced Pastoral Support Assistant to support the learning of individual pupils in Key Stage 1.
The successful applicant will work under the direction of senior staff to undertake work/care/support programmes for a range of pupils across Key Stage 1 with social and emotional needs. Work may be carried out in the classroom or other appropriate areas in the school to support their specific learning, social, emotional and behavioural needs at an appropriate level for the individuals to be able to access the curriculum and have a safe and enjoyable experience in school.
The successful applicant will have responsibility for:
- Developing pupils’ Social, Emotional and Mental Health Skills.
- Working with class teachers and other teaching assistants to provide effective support in the classroom.
- Working with parents/carers where required.
- Supporting the delivery of the curriculum and helping the child access it appropriately.
- Contributing to Education Health Care Plan meetings and review/writing of Individual Behaviour Plans.
- Contributing to provision mapping meetings with SENDCo.
You would be joining a friendly, committed, supportive and hard-working team of staff, with enthusiastic children who are proud of their school.
Please visit the school website for further information about the school – www.haywards.org
and do feel free to contact the school for an informal visit prior to application. For further details see the job description.
Application forms are available to download from the school website vacancies section, or by contacting the School Business Manager: email@example.com
We are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to full DBS and qualification checks and references.
Closing date: by 12 noon on Friday 2 November 2018
Interview date: Friday 9 November 2018