Our School Council work together as a group to make the school a safe and fun place for all, help others and plan exciting events. We will work with each other and the other councils in school to help make a difference by sharing ideas, listening to each other and being kind.
We aim to be Hayward’s Heroes, setting a good example by respecting everybody’s right to be safe, strong and free.
BEING IN SCHOOL COUNCIL
“I’m happy to be a School Councillor because I want to make every child happy in their class.”
“I’m happy to be a school councillor because I can help our school be an even better place for all of us to be!”
Some examples of work recently completed by the School Council are:
- Managing the School Ambassador Programme for Year 6 children
- Liaising with Governors about how to improve the school
- Arranging a range of charity events
- Working with the PTA to provide things for classes
- Having an important role in interviewing potential members of staff
- Supporting positive playtimes for all children
- Supporting the design of the playground
- Developing the Behaviour and Learning Charter for the school
- Liaising with Sports and Eco Council to work together to make our school as good as it can be