We want our children to enjoy Science and to be inquisitive about the world around them. In addition to their regular Science lessons, our children also enjoy Science Week - where we dedicate further time to this important subject. More information about our Science Weeks can be found by clicking on the link on the right of this page.
We want our children to:
- Love Science and to have fun! We want children to develop their self-confidence, inquisitiveness and curiosity through their Science experiences at our school.
- In science, we hope to inspire our children by giving them the opportunities to pursue their natural curiosity; promoting the experience of exploring and investigating scientific phenomena, in a range of contexts, to ensure a continually evolving knowledge and understanding of the world around them.
- Develop scientific knowledge and conceptual understanding through the specific disciplines of biology, chemistry and physics
- Develop understanding of the nature, processes and methods of science through different types of science enquiries that help them to answer scientific questions about the world around them
- Be equipped with the scientific knowledge required to understand the uses and implications of science, both today and for the future
- Generate and explore their predictions through exciting experiments and investigations. Through these experiments and investigations, where children learn about the importance of testing in a safe, fair and controlled manner, we want children to be able to communicate their findings through recording graphs and explaining their conclusions.
- Learn through hands-on practical activities which enable children to find out for themselves by seeing it happen with their own eyes. We want children to be able to observe what is happening and then make further inference during experiences by building upon prior knowledge.
- Our children will be encouraged to ask questions, experiment, reflect, make and learn from mistakes, in a safe environment. Through this they will acquire and apply core skills which equip them for an ever-changing world.
- Acquire the necessary vocabulary to enable them to interpret, describe and explain their reasoning.
- Engage with Science outside of school and provide opportunities, through assemblies and wider school communication available to the children outside of school. We want children to engage with real, local science opportunities and scientists. We want them to take their learning outside of the classroom. We want them to see the opportunities that a future career in Science might bring.