Vision and Values
At Hayward's ...
We want our children to be resilient and happy about who they are; understand and appreciate difference while having the confidence to challenge prejudice where it exists; have high aspirations in order to achieve their maximum potential; share a love of learning; and enjoy strong, supportive relationships with others.
How do we support our children to develop these skills?
- We use our Hayward's Heroes to teach these skills to the children. Our Heroes are linked to our PSHE curriculum and our assemblies are a vehicle through which we explore these heroes, helping the children to see 'real-life examples' of how these skills are demonstrated in others.
- Through a carefully taught PSHE and RE curriculum which supports our childrens' spiritual, moral, social and cultural development.
- Through a relevant and carefully structured curriculum where opportunities are found to reinforce and model these skills and expectations.
- Through the staff as role models in their interactions with children, families and with each other.
- Through the experiences that we provide for the children during their time at Hayward's, which include visitors to school, out of school visits and school residential opportunities.