Chao velamen amplexantur lapides!
Welcome to the Year 6 section of the Hayward's Primary School website. Here you will find news and details of all the amazing learning that takes place in the upper reaches of the school.
Year 6 is taught by Miss Down and Miss Tutton and is based in two state-of-the-art classrooms at the very end of the school. These classrooms have fantastic views of the playground and field due to their floor to ceiling windows, and touch screen monitors. Together with 'The Hub', it is a fabulous area for Upper Key Stage Two to really stretch their learning legs and develop both academically and socially.
Miss Robbins and Mrs Dixon also teach children in Year Six, in the mornings, for maths and English. This allows the children to work in smaller groups for these core subject areas.
During Year Six, we offer a wide range of exciting, interactive learning opportunities such as:
- Visits from local storytellers,
- A trip to topic-linked locations such as Cobbaton Combat Collection & Torquay Museum.
- Themed days such as our WW2-themed 'Road to Victory' day & our 'Titanic Experience'.
- Forest School
- First Aid training
At Hayward's, we like to think we offer our Year Six pupils a year to remember. Not only is Year Six an important year academically, as pupils prepare for Secondary School, it is also a time to celebrate their life at Hayward's; we offer them a range of exciting, challenging and creative opportunities to help them mark the end of their time at Primary School. These include:
- Our week-long Year Six residential.
- Our School Ambassador Scheme.
- 'Anipals' - The team of pupils responsible for caring for our school pets.
- The chance to participate in our end of year, musical show.
To find out more about these amazing events and to see everything which happens this year -
Watch this space!