Chao velamen amplexantur lapides!
Welcome to the Year 6 section of the Hayward's Primary School website. You will find news and details of all the amazing learning that takes place in the upper reaches of the school.
Year 6 is based in two brand new, state of the art classrooms at the very end of the school in the newly extended section. These classrooms have fantastic views of the playground and field due to their floor to ceiling windows, and brand new touch screen monitors. Together with 'The Hub' it is a fabulous area for Upper Key Stage Two to really stretch their learning legs and develop both academically and socially.
So far this year we have experienced a range of interactive learning opportunities such as:
- A trip to play with science at Bristol University chemistry department
- Visits from local World War Two experts
- A VE Day extravaganza including a genuine GI jeep and weapons
- A journey back in time to see the vehicles and paraphernalia of WW2 at Cobbaton Combat Collection.
- An excursion to Torquay museum to learn all about local heroes Percy Harrison Fawcett - the real life Indiana Jones - and polar explorer Frank Browning, who lived on whale fat. In an ice cave!
- Fundraising for the Year 6 production - more news to follow!
Having experienced all this and more, the children can expect a plethora of further fun activities and enrichment. Watch this space!