Chao velamen amplexantur lapides!
Welcome to the Year 6 section of the Hayward's Primary School website. Here you will find news and details of all the amazing learning that takes place in the upper reaches of the school.
Year 6 is taught by Miss Down and Miss Truran and is based in two state of the art classrooms at the very end of the school. These classrooms have fantastic views of the playground and field due to their floor to ceiling windows, and brand new touch screen monitors. Together with 'The Hub', it is a fabulous area for Upper Key Stage Two to really stretch their learning legs and develop both academically and socially.
So far this year we have experienced a range of interactive learning opportunities such as:
- A trip to Bristol University chemistry department
- A visit from Geoff Fox, our local storyteller
- A trip to Cobbaton Combat Collection to get a better understanding of life in WW2
- An interactive WW2-themed 'Road to Victory' day
- An explorer day complete with a visit from a local mountaineer
At Hayward's, we like to think we offer our Year Six pupils a year to remember. Not only is Year Six an important year academically, as pupils prepare for Secondary School, it is also a time to celebrate their life at Hayward's so we offer them a range of exciting, challenging and creative opportunities to help them mark the end of their time at Primary School. These include:
- Our week-long Year Six residential.
- Our School Ambassador Scheme.
- 'Anipals' - The team of pupils responsible for caring for our school pets.
- The chance to participate in our end of year, musical show.
To find out more about these amazing events and to see what comes next - watch this space!